Highlands on the East Side
WE ARE NOW OPEN! Exclusively created to celebrate you, your wisdom, your spirit, and your life — The Highlands on the East Side is a newly designed Assisted Living residence with all the comforts of home…and more! We pride ourselves as being the value choice for senior living by offering exceptional services and care in our vibrant East Side location.
With just 66 apartments in total, The Highlands on the East Side represent a special opportunity for elderly persons to live in an intimate and comfortable community in the heart of Providence’s most vibrant neighborhood. Call now for your personal tour!
Hospitality Services. Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care Program and Apartments
Personal Care Assistance.Bathing, dressing & assistance with hygiene.
Thoughtfully designed enrichment programs to strengthen the body and motivate the mind.
Variety of floor plans. Private studio, one and two bedroom apartments.
- Kitchenette with comfort height refrigerator/freezer and microwave
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Step-in or roll-in showers
- Handicapped apartments available
- Variety of floor plans
- Individual temperature controls
- Dining areas
- Grab bars in bathrooms
- Enchanting dining room
- Private dining room
- Cafe Bistro — with after-hours snacks, coffee, tea
- Socialite’s Lounge -with fireplace and piano
- Salon Beaute — hair, nail, and beauty salon
- Creations Corner — enrichment and activities room
- Good Forms Fitness Center
- Relaxation and sensory room
- Reading nooks and sitting areas
- Veranda and courtyard
- Laundry facilities
- Reflections — Alzheimer and Dementia memory care apartments and programs
At the Highlands, your care is our top priority. We will work with you to design an expert care plan that enables you to do what you love doing best.
Levels of Care
We offer a variety of levels of assistance and care, ranging from simple helpful services, to an exceptional Alzheimer’s and Dementia wing. The level of care provided is first determined by a nurse’s assessment and is periodically updated as needed.
Extraordinary Services Include:
- 24-hour staffing and emergency response
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly laundering of linens and towels
- Personal laundry services available
- Health and wellness program
- Transportation for requested special trips
- Utilities included
- Maintenance services
- Three gourmet meals served daily in our restaurant-style dining room
- Assistance with personal care which may include bathing, dressing, and hygiene
- Resident Ambassador Program
- Full calendar enrichment programs based on our Entire Eight philosophy
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
The East Side of Providence is an effervescent community — opulent in history, culture, academics, and architecture. Set amongst blooming flowers, hearty trees, and twinkling 19th century street lights, the East Side offers an innumerable array of beauty and things to do and see. Lush parks and walking trails, unique stores and galleries are sprinkled throughout the neighborhood’s finest colonial and federal period’s mansions. Take in the view at India Point Park which overlooks Narragansett Bay or meander down Blackstone Boulevard. Explore Hope Street, Thayer Street, and Wayland Square’s cafes, shops, and restaurants. Catch a game at Brown Stadium or stroll through the prestigious campus of Brown University. With The Highlands’ close proximity to downtown Providence, you can shop your heart out at Providence Place, visit an array of museums, and enjoy the street fairs including the city’s annual WaterFire celebration.
At The Highlands, residents can take advantage of the finest neighborhood in Providence and all that is has to offer.
- Alzheimer's Care
- Assisted Living
Published prices and information are provided by the providers themselves. Actual details may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.