Pathways Assisted Living & Memory Care
At Pathways, we offer exceptional care in a neighborhood setting built specifically around the needs and desires of our residents. Located in Goodyear, Arizona, our cross streets are Pebble Creek Parkway and Indian School Road. We are just 3 miles north of Interstate 10, and one mile east of the Loop 303.
Our unique design reflects the latest research that shows residents in similar settings experience better quality of life including greater levels of personal dignity and lower rates of depression and anxiety. Residents can take advantage of the neighborhood by strolling through our park-like courtyard, enjoying amenities such as our onsite hair salon, fitness room and special multi-sensory therapy room or just visiting with friends in another home. We offer the benefits of a larger community without being an institution.
Coupled with our dedicated staff and experienced clinical team, our intimate neighborhood concept delivers:
- Better clinical outcomes and ability to manage a variety of chronic medical conditions
- Higher staff to resident ratios
- Increased personal interaction, situational awareness and emotional wellbeing — which all lead to a better quality of life
- Decreased hospitalizations
- Ability to age in place — residents can stay at Pathways as their care needs change
- Exceptional dementia care with continual caregiver training in current best practices
- A wide range of activities and entertainment that provide social interaction and cognitive stimulation
Each of our homes is single level and over 6500 sq. ft.. They feature 10 very large private rooms. An inviting kitchen & dining area, living room and well appointed study are examples of our true ‘home’ setting. There are no long hallways or intimidating elevators to manage.
At Pathways, we have dedicated homes for our residents with Alzheimer’s, other types of dementia or other forms of memory loss. Our memory care program focuses on getting to know our residents and their histories — the details of their lives – so we can help create the most pleasant environment possible for them as individuals.
Ongoing dementia-specific training by our Clinical Director and other certified dementia specialists keeps our staff on top of current best practices and allows them to provide personalized care that is best suited for each resident’s needs.
Recent research shows that a smaller home setting along with specific caregiving techniques and methods can lower rates of depression and anxiety in those with dementia.
We offer personalized life enrichment activities along with group engagement to ensure we are fulfilling each resident’s needs. Stimulation through games, music, conversation and pet therapy visits are just a few of the programs offered. For those needing more sensory enhancement to calm them or to increase alertness, a special multi-sensory therapy room has been designed using visual effects, soothing nature sounds, music, aromatherapy and textiles such as soft objects to touch or hold for warmth and comfort.
Our dedicated team of certified caregivers are led by:
- Our Resident Care Director – a full-time nurse who monitors the cognitive and physical condition of each of our residents, and coordinates with our Medical Director on the personal care plans for each resident.
- Our Medical Director – a board certified doctor of internal medicine with extensive experience in assisted living, skilled nursing and hospice settings. She is able to serve as the primary care physician for most of our residents so they rarely have to leave the neighborhood for medical appointments. She is available to our staff 24/7.
- Our Clinical Director — a clinical psychologist specializing in dementia care, she conducts weekly educational training with our staff that is specific to changing resident needs and conditions.
- Alzheimer's Care
- Assisted Living
Published prices and information are provided by the providers themselves. Actual details may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.